Student Transportation of America School Bus Monitor SPED in Williamsville, New York
A bus monitor is a person who, generally under the supervision of a bus driver rides in a van or bus over designated routes transporting school pupils, or clients to and from school or locations. In addition, a bus monitor may ride a bus or van to assist and monitor clients on private charter trips. Bus monitors may work with loud and disruptive clients. Monitors may also work with handicapped individuals.
· Monitor pupils and daily school bus activities to ensure proper student conduct at all times, and adherence to proper and safe behavior standards on the bus.
· Maintain attendance and ridership records and assign seating as necessary to ensure good student behavior.
· Observe and learn established bus routes so that when substitute drivers are operating the bus directional and routing assistance can be given.
· As requested by the Operations Manager or Dispatcher, verify route turn for turn sheets and note any route changes with written notes.
· As requested by the Operations Manager or Dispatcher, make additional directional or landmark notations on bus route sheets to assist future new or substitute bus drivers.
· As requested by the Operations Manager or Dispatcher, observe and track route timing, such as total time en-route; time between stops; loading and unloading times or any other requested information for the purpose of establishing route efficiency.
· Ensure safe loading and unloading of students on and off the bus.
· As required, verify student use of seat belts and assist with securing or removing belts.
· Assist bus driver with sweeping and cleaning bus interior.
· Establish and maintain effective communications and working relationships with bus drivers, district personnel, students and parents.
· All other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
· State-Required Background Checks
· Ability to verbally communicate clearly with students, drivers, school officials and parents
Preferred Employment Standards:
· High School Diploma
Job Type: Part-time
We are respectfully following the safety guidelines recommended by the CDC and provide all employees with masks, gloves, and EPA-approved cleaning products to ensure the safest school bus environment possible for our drivers and passengers.